Haldiram’s Food International Limited today, is recognized as a Star Export House, by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, a department working under the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
Haldiram’s has its roots established in 1937 in the form of a small retail Sweet & Namkeen shop in Bikaner, Rajasthan, a small but significant town in the Thar Desert. Shri Shivkisan Agrawal, the founder of Haldiram’s always cherished the dream of building an empire, manufacture traditional sweets/namkeens, leave a mark on every occasion and get close to the heart of the common man.
This dream was realized with shifting of its base to Nagpur in 1970. For the first time people heard of a factory that was operating to manufacture Sweets & Namkeens.